I want to select a country.
I want to insert a stock.
JStock is displaying list of stocks with same name.
I cannot find XYZ stock.
- Go to Database-> Stock Database...
- The following screen will be shown.
- Enter your desired stock in the text field. JStock will prompt you with a list of suggestion.
- (Optional) If you are not happy with the symbol suggested by JStock, you may double click on it and change it.
- (Optional) If you know the stock code, says 5199WA.KL, just key in "5199WA.KL" in the text field and press enter.
How can I receive JStock SMS alert?
You need an Google Calendar account, and register for your mobile phone. By just following the 4 steps below, you may enable JStock SMS alert feature. For more information, please visit Google Calendar Help. This service is provided by Google and it is free. See Cost of SMS notifications.
How can I view stock history?
I wish to be informed when stock's price hits certain level.
- Fall Below - If stock's last price is lower or equal to this value, you will receive alert.
- Rise Above - If stock's last price is higher or equal to this value, you will receive alert.
I want to receive stock alert from my company email.
JStock is taking up too much network bandwidth!
By default, JStock's stock price scanning speed is 5 seconds. In order to save up your network bandwidth, you may adjust this to higher value, says 60 minutes.
- Go to Options-> Options...-> Speed.
- Adjust it to 60 minutes. With higher value, scanning speed will become slower.
- With slower the scanning speed, JStock will less frequent contact stock server.
- As a result, it will consume lesser network bandwidth.
- Whenever you wish to refresh to most updated stock prices immediately, just go to Edit-> Refresh Stock Prices.
- Or, you may just use Ctrl + R keyboard shortcut to refresh stock prices immediately.
There are no network connection. Stock price are not updating.
- Go to Options-> Options...-> Network, look for the following buttons.
- Click on Test connection. Does it give you any hint?
- Click on Auto detect proxy. If it does suggest you a new proxy server, click OK. Does it help?
- Restart JStock. Does it work now?
- Sorry. You have to consult your network administrator then. (Hint : be nice to them)